Submitted: 01-06-2009 by gforbes

I have had this boat for about 5 years and love it. It is one of 6 boats in my flotilla. I bought the boat from a guy that said that he couldn't keep the boat right side up. I lowered the seat about 4-5 inches (as I do in all of my solo canoes) and I haven't been for an accidental swim yet. Handles very well in Class I-II. It has been down most of our windy MI rivers and has been beaten to pieces and it still comes back for another day. I have the Royalex Lite (R-84/5) and it has survived the MI rocky/gravel rivers just fine.

This boat actually fell off our canoe trailer (part way) and was dragged for 1/2 miles eating a hole through the bow stem that you could put your hand through. A visit to the Mohawk website, a fiberglass strip and some Bodo, and the boat is still water tight after 4 years! It just looks like I added a skid plate! That is a tuff boat. I can even add gear to the boat to trip for 3-4 days. Great boat. The only other boat of comparable characteristics but much heavier and 4" longer is the Mad River Freedom Solo which has a bit more rocker.