Submitted: 01-06-2009 by Headwaters2
My hope is that the previous reviewer was witnessing one of the few Jet Boil stoves that was released with a "B" valve. I've used the Jet boil PCS for two years and the GCS for one year, probably cooked over 100 meals and 100 cups of hot water for tea and never had a malfunction.

The only complaint I have is that if you aren't careful when you nest everything for storage you will bend and eventually break the electrode. I've had to replace one so far, it's easy to replace and costs only $6-$7 but if you don't have a spare and you're way in the boondocks you'll have to use a match or cigarette lighter to light your stove. Because I use both stoves together I would light the one burner first then use it to light the second burner for about a week till I found a store that sold the replacement igniter set.

I definitely rate this a 10 for the total experience. And, if you're boiling oatmeal or soup you have to stir it often to keep it from sticking to the bottom.