Submitted: 01-06-2009 by mike_S

I weigh about 170 and am average height. The soloPlus is a great boat for fishing solo because three 6.5' poles can sit right in front of you, lures attached. However, because it lacks any rocker at all, doing a 180 turn as a solo while drifting down a class 1 stream is a major effort -- it doesn't like to spin. That said, when it's starting to get dark and you have 3-4 miles of fast paddling to do, the soloPlus is great -- it really cooks and goes straight. It is also very good (solo) going straight upstream in current.

As a tandem, I am fine with a rather lightish (130 pounder plus/minus) in front and with me in back, however, I have been in front with an inexperienced 230 pounder in back on a calm lake, and found the experience quite unsettling. The big guy can go solo in the middle seat, but don't put two together in this boat, in my opinion.