Submitted: 01-06-2009 by mike_S

I weigh about 170 and am average height. The soloPlus is a great boat for fishing solo because three 6.5' poles can sit right in front of you, lures attached. However, because it lacks any rocker at all, doing a 180 turn as a solo while drifting down a class 1 stream is a major effort -- it doesn't like to spin. That said, when it's starting to get dark and you have 3-4 miles of fast paddling to do, the soloPlus is great -- it really cooks and goes straight. It is also very good (solo) going straight upstream in current.

As a tandem, I am fine with a rather lightish (130 pounder plus/minus) in front and with me in back, however, I have been in front with an inexperienced 230 pounder in back on a calm lake, and found the experience quite unsettling. The big guy can go solo in the middle seat, but don't put two together in this boat, in my opinion.

Schitt Creek Paddle Wear: