Submitted: 01-02-2009 by raftguy
This boat is the best overall S-O-T on the market. Period. My fiancee tried them all and I did too during her decision making process. This boat is way more boat than the Hurricane, I am afraid I disagree with Laura below. We went to the store to buy the Hurricane and bought the Kestrel. There is no comparison in build quality, tracking and overall comfort. Also, the Kestrel is faster with the same energy input due to the narrower beam than the Hurricane.

We are going to purchase a second one of these. I have a "full on" sea kayak that is a bit much boat for shorter trips so I will be purchasing a Kestrel.

The reason I am giving a 9 and not a 10 is because I do not like the new deck configuration on the 2009 model. If I can find a 2008 boat it is a done deal. Also, the 2009 has foot pegs and not "steps" which I like better. If I can only get a 2009 I will not be as happy but it will not stop me from buying it.

Short version: buy this boat and don't look back.