Submitted: 12-30-2008 by sa

I purchased the Tarpon 130T in March 2008 and have had it out on calm water lakes and rivers about 20 times. I needed a tandem yak so that I could take one of the kids with me while fishing and paddling, ages 6 thru 12. So far its worked out great and have been very pleased with it. I added an external 360 view white light on a post and a battery mounted on a tray in the hull so that we can stay out after dark.

The only complaint I have is that the stock seats are inadequate. I removed them and bought some better after market seats which attach to the fastening points that are already on the hull. Not only are the stock seats uncomfortable but they prevent you from putting the yak on your car upside down. WS should have left the seats off this boat, reduced the price, and let you get your own seat.

This is a big yak, but not so big you can't manage it. It's ok paddling solo, but a single yak would obviously be better. At 65lbs, it's a grunt to get it up on top of our SUV and strap down upside down on the luggage rack by myself. Possible, but a pain. I eventually bought a pickup truck to make it easier to haul. I can easily get it up in the back of my truck by myself. If you're looking for a yak that you can take one or two kids out on, and sometimes go solo, the 130T is a good choice.