Submitted: 12-29-2008 by Charles Kiell

I met Bill Bremer at Barrier Island Kayak symposium and learned of his paddles. I am not a GP convert, but do enjoy using the GP. Bill was great about paddle dimensions. We had several conversations about what I wanted and had a fitting session where I tried different dimensions. No feeling that I was being rushed or ignored. Since all of these paddles are custom made, the wait is several months. That's the deal and Bill is upfront about that. The paddle is a real piece of work. The wood itself is straight-grained and without a single flaw. I cannot identify a scratch or nick.

The paddle was everything I wanted - slightly wider blade, wider loom and stiff. I am very proud to own it. Handles exactly as I hoped. Even if you are not a dedicated Greenland paddler, I highly recommend having a GP and Bill's are top notch.

Suspenz: