Submitted: 03-02-1999 by John VT

After canoeing for several years I wanted a kayak. As a beginner to kayaking I immediately liked the "feel" of the 14'6" Carolina and I ended up buying the boat. My first time out was with friends that have the Necky Kyook and the Wilderness Systems Sealution. I found the Carolina very stable, quick to respond and accelerate, tracked well without the rudder, and kept right up with my friends for a 5 mile paddle. The Carolina weighs in at 54 pounds, not as light as my kevlar canoe, but still manageable. Looking forward to improving my kayaking skills to test the boat even further. Something I've not been able to do with kevlar for a long time, I ran the Carolina right on the beach at full speed (yea for plastic). The Carolina is a good value for it's features and merits consideration.