Submitted: 06-18-2000 by Amy

This boat has done everything I've asked it to. I'm a beginner paddler, small framed and used to packing for backpacking trips. This boat fits well (with the addition of thigh braces and a seat cover, I don't have the expedition verstion) and rolls without problem. I've added the rudder, which I find invaluable since most of my paddling is done on Lake Superior. For all the same reasons previously mentioned, the Edisto was the boat for me.

I don't mind it's slower speed, but I do like it's ability to handle gentle whitewater and rivers. I'm looking into getting a canoe eventually, but for now, I like being able to fish from the Edisto and use it for a bunch of different activities. I love kayaking the more I do it, but I don't see myself going on major sea expeditions. But if I wanted to do that, I'd probably need to find a new boat.

I am looking at getting another boat for my boyfriend and I think I'd like to go with this one (may need to find it used or get it's newer version, the Savannah) or perhaps a Perception. But with the few additions that I mentioned (rudder, thigh braces, additional deck rigging), I think I made a really good purchase. (first time kayak, bought from Rutabaga in WI).