Submitted: 12-01-2008 by Jeff-Va

I purchased my Jolt 101 kayak on ebay and have never seen one with a skeg. I would not have bought it if it had one, I only kayak on rivers. I am 5'9" and feel it is a little tight to get into easily. I would not suggest a larger person buy this kayak. It is a great boat and very tough, I have taken it on several class 2 and 3 rapids and it does great. I am going on some rougher class 3 rapids this summer and expect it to do great.

I do have one complaint about the seat straps for adjusting the seat back. I put pressure on the seat back and broke the plastic adjustment buckle. I took the other side off and adjusted my seat where I wanted it and tied both straps so they would not move backwards. Easy fix. I like this boat a whole lot. It is easy to turn in rapids and goes well on calm water. I would suggest someone my size not hesitate to buy this boat. I love the rear dry area and front dry storage. I hope this review is helpful to someone.