Submitted: 11-25-2008 by agongos
Everyone makes fun of my giant boat. They stop laughing when they see the pile of gear I pull out of it when camping. I call it the U.S.S.Titan. I really like this boat. It tracks very well, something I didn't expect with it's nearly 24" beam. Lean on an edge a little and she reacts quickly to the correction made. Only use the rudder on crossings with a chop because the wind and waves do make it weather cock, but the rudder solves that instantly.

When on Lake Superior with rolling waves it feels like I'm in a rocking chair. It's quite nice. A very stable boat to say the least. Rigging is fine. Hatches are great. No leaks at all. Once in a while you need to adjust the straps on the hatches to tighten them down, but it's no big deal. Slanted rear bulkhead is cool when dumping the boat.

Cockpit is the best part of this boat. It's huge! I love all the room inside. I can bend my knees to 90* to stretch out. At 57 I don't bend like I used to, so the 35 x 17.5 cockpit is really easy for me to get into. That extra length really helps! The seat is good, no complaints. Backband works well, never have to fuss with it when getting in. It is sort of big, "pizza pan syndrome". It does not stick out above the coming however, it's just wide, port to starboard I think it is limiting rotation somewhat.

This winter I'm gonna take it out and build a fixed minicell backrest, and try that for a while, or go to a Snapdragon band maybe. At 5-10, 240 pounds this boat really works for me. I'm in northern Wisconsin if anybody's in the area, and would like to demo my boat.