Submitted: 11-24-2008 by jdrkayaker

I purchased a Remix 69 this last spring in preparation for a trip down the Grand Canyon. Not having much WW experience, I bought the boat based upon reviews I had read and a pool sessions worth of rolling, bracing, spinning the boat. With a grand total of 5 days of real WW prep my wife and I joined other kayakers, WW canoeists, and inflatable kayakers on a two week trip down the Colorado.

The Remix handled very well, was amazingly comfortable, and rolls easily. I had no problems getting it up to speed when I needed it. In fact, I had to be careful that I didn't overtake other kayakers when we ran the rapids. With a 34" inseam, my feet were a bit cramped, but not fatally so. The seat was set up too far back when I initially got the boat and I had to move it about 1.5 inches forward to get good trim and keep it from wanted to spin on every stroke.

The only downside to running the Colorado was that when I swam (which I did 4 times) getting the boat to shore was a real bear. Even with float bags, the volume of the Remix means that it rides like a partially submerged submarine and is a real pain to tow. Of course, if I hadn't swam any rapids this wouldn't have been an issue.

So, all in all, it's a very nice boat and I am looking forward to running some more rivers in it.