Submitted: 11-18-2008 by doug

Not sure if Perception and Aquaterra are the same, but the Prism I have is an Aquaterra (in purple of all colors) and rides smooth, fast and stable. I am comparing it to the Cobra Tourer which is the #2 top of the line for Cobra at 15 feet, 2 hatches and a well behind the rider. I had 2 with rudders and at 15 feet they just seemed slower but still stable even in the ocean.

The Aquaterra Prism is just a foot shorter and no well behind me but I am not a diver so don't miss it. I also like the foot rails of the Prism with the adjustable pegs to rest your toes on. Don't have a rudder on this and don't need it either it seems as it turns very easily. I agree also that it is fast as heck; almost feel like I am cheating too!

Feels a bit lower in the water than the Cobra Tourer. I plug the scupper holes when in the bay using the simple plugs sold at West Marine. Also the little kayak dolly that has the scupper poles makes for an easy trip to the sand. You can roll it right into the water and also place it under the boat and roll it right back out so no sand sticks to the bottom of the boat! $70 for those dollys but worth it.

BUT best feature for me is that the Prism at 14 feet fits inside my E350 Ford Van. I have it all the way up between the seats and then up a bit in the back pinned just inside the door edge but it fits! No more lifting the Cobra Tourer on and off the surf racks on top of the van! The Aquaterra Prism is great. Good like finding a used one but when you do keep it for life!