Submitted: 11-12-2008 by Peter B

I can't elaborate too much of it's design - it is a traditional greenland paddle that is offered in a 85" and a 90" length. I ordered the 85" length and it is perfect. My hand position feels right on - I can execute a sweep stroke and transition back to paddle position effortlessly. I would not change a thing.

The quality is top notch. Their paddles are laminated wood (not one solid piece) to provide strength and resist warping. The ends have beautiful walnut inlays with an epoxy tip. The paddle throughout has a durable polyurethane finish.

Mitchell offers a variety of woods that you can choose from. I went cheap and ordered spruce (which included ash, Santa Maria and Walnut) made the paddle slightly heavier. But I knew that going in. It would be cool if Mitchell could update their website to include pictures of all of their wood combinations. My paddle does not look like the paddle currently on the website.

I would definitely recommend the Mitchell Greenland Paddle.

Yak Pads: