Submitted: 11-11-2008 by EllisG-IV

Being newbies, we researched all the reviews -- thanks to everyone who contributed their opinions -- and bought the Pungo 120 and 100.

Great boats for beginners, as almost everyone agrees, with one MAJOR exception. My 120 is the fishing version, which has some great added features. However, the rearmost paddle stowage bracket is attached in the worst possible place. Our first time out, I beat my right forearm black and blue from hitting this thing repeatedly on any kind of pull stroke. It's attached exactly where your arm comes alongside the boat on a normal stroke, and the bracket is made out of a hard rubber material. I have since moved it forward and all is well, but I would have expected Wilderness Systems to have better researched the ergonomics of this before attaching it to their kayak.

Now that it's fixed, I love the kayak and my wife (who's 5'2") is very happy with her 100. We've had a ball going out on lakes and watching wildlife close up. Note to manufacturers: Please pay attention to your optional equipment offerings. Try them out before selling them.