Submitted: 11-10-2008 by forrester
This is the lightest bent shaft paddle I could find. When somebody picks it up they are amazed. The shape of the blade and grips is great. The ability to quickly adjust the offset is a nice feature. If you have a long day of open water paddling, this is a good one. The blades are not oversized and the light weigh nature of the Cyprus really help increase your endurance. That is the positive side of this paddle. Its about perfect besides being so delicate.

If you like to play in rocks or use your paddle for pushing or handle your gear roughly stay away from Werner foam core carbon blades like the Cyprus. The 1st one I received came in the mail with one of the blades broken in 1/2. After exchanging it, the 2nd one was damaged after the 1st paddle I used it. It was not exactly a typical paddle for a sea kayaker but it was not outrageous. I was on the Maumee River playing a rapid, and did a hard low brace in fairly shallow water and a hard follow up high brace. The paddle hit the bottom both times. Then I noticed a small hole / dent on each side of the paddle. I did a light glass repair. I stopped using it on the river, but then I realized it was no good even for light rock garden play. The ends of the paddle damage quickly with just occasional pushing off rocks.

If I have a really long open water paddle, this paddle will be the one I use. If there is any chance I will be hitting bottom or rocks, I will leave it at home. If you are a typical paddler, you will probably love this paddle, and never have any problems with it.