Submitted: 11-07-2008 by veenstrar
See my initial 135 XL review of 08/23/2005.
After having this kayak for 3 years this summer. I noticed some bulging in the hull where the bulkhead was positioned. I contacted Bay Creek Paddlers in Rochester NY where I purchased it and they in turn contacted Hurricane Kayaks. Based on Bay Creeks opinion that this was a manufacturing issue (that didn't show up for three years) they instantly agreed to replace the boat with a new one. Bay Creek was having an end of summer event and Hurricane's Factory Rep was attending. He assisted me in trying several different models until I decided on a new Tampico 140L which overcame some of the things I wished were different on the 135XL.

I can't say enough good things about Bay Creek and Hurricane Kayaks. In these days of best price / poor service this was just amazing. No resistance or aggravation, I had a problem and they fixed it. After developing the problem with the hull I seriously considered other boats instead of Hurricane but after the way they and Bay Creek handled my problem I would not consider going elsewhere. They have my loyalty and personal endorsement to any one I discuss Kayaks with. Way to go Hurricane and Bay Creek! Thank you, look for my Tampico 140L review next Spring.