Submitted: 11-05-2008 by Ed_Earle
In late November 2007, my new "Excursion Touring" Spray skirt arrived, but so did the freezing weather in New England. I put the spray skirt away in it's package, to be tried the following April. April came and I realized that I could not engage the spray skirt on my kayak with out the help of another person, so again I put it away, and used an old beat-up one for the summer. In October of 2008 realizing that I had a lot of money invested in the Immersion Research skirt, I called Roger Loughney in customer service, and explained the problem, and why I was so late reporting the situation with the non-fitting spray skirt. This was not a problem to Roger who promptly went about rectifying my awkward situation. He sent me a video on how to properly put on a spray skirt, along with an XL sized skirt, and also another model spray skirt for me to try. After I selected one with a good fit, he enclosed a paid return slip for me to return the none selected items. I could not have had better customer service, considering I sent the Spray skirt back almost a year later. I love my new Immersion Research, "Excursion Touring Spray Skirt" and the quality is outstanding as is the customer service.