Submitted: 11-03-2008 by Terry

I bought a Wilderness Systems Critter in 2004; my first kayak to buy although not the first to paddle. It is identical to the Victory Blast except maybe in minor details. It is tough, laugh off abuse and is easy to get in and out (I am 69 and a bit stiffer than I used to be). Everyone who has paddled this kayak has enjoyed it, even my boat-phobic wife. For such a short boat it is surprisingly quick and tracks well, it turns on a dime when stopped although it wants to run straight when it is under way. it is dry. I have had it out in fairly choppy conditions with power boats zipping by on all sides and it has never given me a moments worry. I even fitted it with a sail! A sea kayak is longer and faster, a whitewater kayak is more maneuverable, but this is the best all round starter kayak out there.