Submitted: 10-28-2008 by mike

Very happy with the Caster. I paddled for 8 hours in the Corpus Christi bay. Mostly against the wind and was very happy at how much progress I made. At times the swells up to 3 feet. The Caster just rose up over them and down the back side. Very little water washed into my lap despite the low profile.

During hard paddling my oar rubbed the grab handles on the sides. Their location was right while carrying the boat. When water enters the seat area it stays there and won't drain to the scupper. Not a major problem. Most of the day the seat stayed dry until I got out in the bay where the chop was high and the wind was strong.

I can stand up on the Caster and I can sit on the side with my legs dangling over the side without any tipping. The Caster is very stable. My 60lb. son rides in the back and doesn't effect the handling at all. I bought it on an end of season clearance for $450. cant beat that.