Submitted: 10-28-2008 by Kenneth

I have a FAST Tour blade in carbon signature. 205-215cm.
Pat was very responsive and helpful. Got me worried for a while. He didn't respond to emails after I sent payment thru paypal because he was busy. In the end, it took about 4wks from payment till the paddle arrived in Singapore. Paddle blade is huge. Roughly same size as a Bracsa 2 max blade.

The Good:
Incredibly light. Ferrule system is AWESOME. Low profile and easy to use. Shaft has a wet sanded finish unlike other racing paddles with a smooth, slippery finish.

The Bad:
There is a catch at the end of the stroke. Need to overcome it by using an aggressive high angle stroke. I can feel some flexing if sprinting at full force from a stand still. A little confused as carbon is supposed to be stiff?

The Crunch:
I use it for fitness paddling and it works great. Best for those with an aggressive high angle stroke. Avoid if you're a leisure paddler who wants to do casual touring. Huge blades might tire you out quickly.