Submitted: 10-22-2008 by Polka

Recently purchased the Disco from LoneStarKayaks.com. I mention the dealer because their customer service is simply first rate. Excellent outfit to deal with. Now, the Disco. Wow. Great looking, great glide, accelerates very quickly, straight tracking, lively and responsive, a pure pleasure to paddle. Compared to my Scupper Pro, it's faster and takes less energy to keep moving, and I really like my Scupper Pro. Initial stability less than the Scupper but no worries.

If you're a barge paddler, you may find the Disco wiggly. It's the closest I've found to sea kayak performance in a plastic SOT. The swede form hull shape is efficient and well-defined with none of the usual dips and bumps associated with plastic.

I'm a long-waisted, 6'1" 218lb. guy and the Disco paddled great, and I didn't find it a wet ride. It's also lightweight (about 46lbs.), molded in carrying handle is at the balance point. The hatch ring is molded into the hull, so installing the accessory Kajak Sport hatch cover is as simple as cutting out the center of the hatch molding. Totally happy with the purchase.