Submitted: 10-22-2008 by MGB

I installed the gas pedal/footbar into my Seda Glider. The carbon bar is fixed to the pedals of a Yakima track, and the Yakima footpegs are adjusted fore/aft to adjust the bar position. The kevlar lines from the rudder are fixed to the top of the gas pedals on the outboard corners in a simple series of holes that bind the line as it weaves through several holes. Pat supplied longer bolts for the aft end of the track, and you use them to set the tracks to be perfectly parallel, letting the bar move all the way forward or aft as needed. I installed the whole thing in about two hours. I ordered extra line so there is one continuous piece going back to the rudder.

Installation instructions are very clear and simple. I can now paddle with legs centered. The surface is grippy, but still looks smooth and has that cool carbon look. With size 9 shoes, I feel like there is a good balance between the lower fixed bar where I push, and the upper gas pedal where I steer. The system is simple and strong. It worked fine in the choppy windy conditions in last weekend's Mayors Cup in NYC.