You are responding to the following review:
Submitted: 10-17-2008 by yakslacker
So much fun!
Have been casually window shopping the past couple of years for a kayak sail to take advantage of the winds when we do our Spring and Fall paddles in Assateague. Have used the sail for one weekend. Great new accessory/toy for my Wilderness Systems Tempest 170! GPS clocked us at 9mph.
What won me over:
- Portable. No need to drill holes in you boat, clips onto your deck rigging. The sail clip line is fully adjustable.
- Lightweight - 13 oz
- Small - folds down to 15" diameter circle (similar to portable car sun visor).. great for backcountry paddles where space is valuable. Stores neatly under my deck bag.
- Easy to set up and take down.
- Low center of gravity. Did not affect the boat stability.
- Great conversation piece.
Cons:All-in-all, very happy with the purchase!
- A bit pricey at $175. Very much this gal's gear-indulgence.
- Portability - TOO Good! All my paddle buddies wanted to share the fun, too. Easily switched between boats while in route on the water.
* All you need to do is submit the form above and an email message will be sent to the owner of the ad you are enquiring about.