You are responding to the following review:
Submitted: 10-16-2008 by Skyking128
I have used my Quest a couple of dozen times and now know the kayak pretty well. I would not buy another Quest if I had it to do over (Customer Service).
- Tracks pretty well when not windy.
- Workmanship is ok but could be a whole lot better. A lot of flaws in the hull.
- The side compartments are very useful for holding map, lotion, pliers, etc.
- The 8" hatch is terrific with an easy open latch.
- The molded in paddle holders are handy but a little hard to strap paddle down
- The paddle that comes with the boat is great quality and I see no need replace.
- The forward hatch is huge and great for storing bulky items.
- Hobie has been a first class company for 40 years but their customer service really sucks.
- Wish it was 10 pounds lighter.
- Need a rudder to track in any wind.
- Needs better hand grips to lift comfortably
- The hand grips on the bow and stern are attached with a small line. I like the straps used on the Tarpon series much better.
- Like may of these sit-on-tops there is too much water on the cockpit, Hobie doesn't give you enough scuppers.
- Last, Hobie sold me a 2009 model, but checking the serial number it was a 2008. After many lies by the dealer (central Florida Panhandle) and Hobie, they agreed to exchange. I had to drive another 240 miles at my expense to exchange.
* All you need to do is submit the form above and an email message will be sent to the owner of the ad you are enquiring about.