Submitted: 10-16-2008 by Skyking128

I have used my Quest a couple of dozen times and now know the kayak pretty well. I would not buy another Quest if I had it to do over (Customer Service).
    Pros:
  1. Tracks pretty well when not windy.
  2. Workmanship is ok but could be a whole lot better. A lot of flaws in the hull.
  3. The side compartments are very useful for holding map, lotion, pliers, etc.
  4. The 8" hatch is terrific with an easy open latch.
  5. The molded in paddle holders are handy but a little hard to strap paddle down
  6. The paddle that comes with the boat is great quality and I see no need replace.
  7. The forward hatch is huge and great for storing bulky items.
  8. Hobie has been a first class company for 40 years but their customer service really sucks.
    Cons:
  1. Wish it was 10 pounds lighter.
  2. Need a rudder to track in any wind.
  3. Needs better hand grips to lift comfortably
  4. The hand grips on the bow and stern are attached with a small line. I like the straps used on the Tarpon series much better.
  5. Like may of these sit-on-tops there is too much water on the cockpit, Hobie doesn't give you enough scuppers.
  6. Last, Hobie sold me a 2009 model, but checking the serial number it was a 2008. After many lies by the dealer (central Florida Panhandle) and Hobie, they agreed to exchange. I had to drive another 240 miles at my expense to exchange.

Advanced Elements: