Submitted: 10-15-2008 by D Bird

I bought the OK Trident 11 after demo'ing at Austin Canoe and Kayak. What drew me to the T-11 was its compact size, seating comfort, stability, maneuverability, and cargo capacity. I needed something to run Texas Hill Country rivers and provide enough capacity for a 2 to 3 day campout. I weigh 220 lbs and carry about 25-30 lbs of gear. I like to fish and the rod pod was another plus.

I took the T-11 out for the first time on a 2 day trip down the South Llano river. The yak was an absolute pleasure. The South Llano has rapids in the class 1 and easy 2 range. The T-11 is exceptionally nimble, and it handled the rapids without any trouble. It also tracked very nicely. The river has several long stretches of open water and I was usually out in front of my buddies without exerting a lot of effort.

My only minor complaint was that I tended to take on some water in the cockpit when running the rapids. About 1/2 inch would accumulate over time, and I'd have to get out and pull the scupper plugs to let it drain. (For comparison, one guy was paddling a Malibu X-factor. It never took on water through the rapids.)