Submitted: 10-13-2008 by petegray

There are plenty of days when the wind shuts down most recreational aquatic options... the Adventure Island is my silver bullet that gets me out on the water! Rather than rehash what's already been said in previous reviews, I'll attempt to add a few personal notes...

My sailing experience was "entry level" but the learning curve is very user friendly and I was able to get out and about and have BIG fun while getting the most out of my new "tool for life"... A little salt spray is good medicine! I just made the experience even better by adding the optional "DODGER"... The new cocoon gives me a minimalist shelter from the wind driven spray and makes sailing on chilly mornings something to look forward to...SWEET! I now eagerly welcome windy daze and enjoy the ever changing sailing challenge...

Outriggers and sail mast can be quickly/easily removed to reveal a big water sea kayak...BRILLIANT! NO GOING BACK!

Botetourt County Tourism: