Submitted: 06-14-2000 by Dale

This is my seventh kayak; I bought for a rather specialized purpose: to travel the entire lengh of the white river in arkansas and missouri, a river with some shoaly, rocky rapids in the headwaters, long empoundments in the middle, and long flat stretches near the juncture with the mississippi. so I needed something not too long, but with some storage room. I considered several choices, but my previous experience with andy singer designs encouraged me to this boat. I have not been disappointed. I bought the plastic model, so it's a little heavy, and some of the deck fittings are a little clutzy, but it is generally well laid out, fast for its short size, manoueverable, and hardly bothered at all by the wind. and the large cockpit makes it easy to hop in and out of when the water becomes too shallow to paddle.