Submitted: 10-10-2008 by ordinaryguy

I bought the Approach 10 against the recommendation of the sales guy at a local demo day... not sure what they thought I wanted, but every time I tried this boat my face erupted into this huge grin!

Skeg up, it will turn circles in it's own length, skeg just partly down it tracks just fine. Have been out on a local lake with huge holiday powerboat wakes, no problem - extremely stable. I added hip pads to make me fit a little tighter (6'1", 180 lbs), and replaced the foot pegs with the easier to adjust ones from my Tsunami 140.

Recently had it in the gulf at South Padre Island, TX, in 10' swells and had the time of my life - totally stable, drinking beer and watching the tour and fishing boats turn back because the conditions were too rough. Used a seals Sea Sprite skirt, perfect! Cruising down the beach just outside the break zone, I got surprised by a really big swell breaking just before it got to me, thought I was going to die, as I was sideways to it, but it just pushed me sideways, then the Approach rode up on top of the breaker, then it was gone and I was trying to figure out why I wasn't upside down.

I love this boat - have had it out in winds gusting to 30mph and could make decent headway, while my buddy in a OK Prowler 13 was dying. This is a sit-in that is good for everything but long distance. Cockpit roomy, easy in and out, even figured out on my own how to climb out and back in over the stern, no big deal.