Submitted: 10-06-2008 by burruss

I picked up one of these over this past summer and paddled it a few times. Used I paid $300.
All things considered this is a good boat. The one I bought was made in the late 1980's and was in fair shape. It had an unusual rudder system that I quickly removed and fashioned a skeg from the remaining materials. The boat paddled very well. It tracked well without the skeg, but in windy conditions the skeg was helpful.

I have seen several people trying to sell these for $700 to $900. This boat is not that good. If you want to try kayaking and are on a tight budget this is a good boat to start with IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT! the boat lean-turns well, tracks well and moves quick enough through the water. It is not barge like a Carolina or a short wide rec boats (Pungo and the like), it paddles more like a kayak should, but forgiving.