Submitted: 10-01-2008 by BristolSkier

The Mohican is indeed a superb boat that does what it was designed for as well as can be imagined. I am an intermediate kayaker whose "forward stroke" leaves much to be desired, but when I get it right, this hull makes for the ultimate smooth and efficient glide through the water--fantastic! Construction and engineering is also fabulous, with the unusual combination of strength, light weight, and undeniable beauty.

OTOH, my boat is for sale. Why? I haven't capsized in a while, but when the water gets cold, I still feel too shaky for comfort. If I paddled on clean, warm water, this boat would be ideal. In mid-summer, I went to a local lake with the intent of capsizing. I put down my paddle and leaned, but stayed upright. Perhaps I would be fine after another season or two, but when the water gets dangerously cold, I feel I should be wearing a dry suit. Maybe we all should...

Ostrom Outdoors: