Submitted: 10-01-2008 by Doug

I made the mistake of buying the Patriot Angler from Gander Mountain. There was no test pool there on sight so I had to buy it without testing it. I asked the salesman what their return policy is and he told me 30 days. Took it home and put it gently in the water.

I immediately noticed the difficulty in paddling this boat. It is not designed for the long haul. This boat is designed for people who just want a stable kayak with plenty of room and some helpful amenities. It will work great for them. Not for me. I wanted something that combined those amenities with efficiency and good tracking.

So, I returned the boat immediately expecting a full refund. Even though the boat is in pristine condition (not even a scratch or spec of dirt from my short venture) Gander refused to take it back. So, it looks like I am stuck with this lumbering barge until I can save up some more money to buy the kayak best suited for my needs.