Submitted: 10-01-2008 by loupeznik

I just purchased the Legend 15. My requirements when looking were for a symmetrical tandem boat that could be turned around for solo use. My intended locations for use would be rivers up to class 3 for no more than three days. I wanted maneuverability over tracking ability. I wanted secondary stability over primary.

I have only taken it out once so at this point I can only give my initial impressions. This boat has met my expectations and then some for maneuverability. It has less freeboard than I anticipated and initial stability is next to none. Secondary stability is very good though; I need to test the limits of it. Overall quality seems excellent except for the included cup holders which fell off with a liter bottle. It has more glide than I expected for a boat this short. I will have to paddle with some other boats to gauge its speed. It seems to draft rather deep for having only two people in it with no gear. I only weigh 150lbs and my wife weighs less. It may be that I would have been better off with a 16 foot boat, but in that case my solo time may be more difficult. This boat seems to be built for white water as both seats are very near the yoke. My initial impressions leave me very satisfied. I will give a long term review when I have taken it out in all conditions.