Submitted: 09-26-2008 by E.T.

After long hesitations I decided to move from my beautiful orange Prowler 15 to an even better looking bright orange T160i. Although I've paddled this kayak before, I was concerned about it's (too) strong tracking but since talked a lot to other paddlers using this yak an repaddling it a few more times i really fell in love with it.

This is definitely not the yak a novice will feel right at home for the first time. Its turning characteristics are really poor, but I've found ways to improve them: first, leaning forward while making the turn (not only sideways). the other, using a longer than usual paddle. A low angle straight shaft of 240 cm works great for me.

This kayak works great for fishing it's faster than most out there it has more stability than the prowler 15. It's still a wet ride, not much more than the P15 but a lot more than the 'desert' Trident 15. The new '09 model is totally redone hope they only improved it not ruining whats already one of the greatest fast-fishing yaks on the planet.