Submitted: 09-23-2008 by Jill

I had originally wanted the no longer made, Pelican Zest (I won't do the new almost identical Viper, the color is hideous!) when I saw this kayak (spur of the moment as I usually overly do research first and check reviews) at Dick's...Long story short...I tried it on the water, just made sure to be careful about it (as to return it since in between buying and trying it, I had looked up said reviews)...And sure enough, HATED it!

This kayak IS a complete joke! I'm about 160 pounds and 5'9...I am too heavy AND too tall for this ridiculous little thing! I think the people who are saying they like this don't realize what a real sit on top should feel like...They just say, wow this thing is light and I don't even need any kind of a roof rack system, how great! BTW, I dried it off, went straight to Dick's and they DID take it back! Of course when they asked, "has this been in the water"...I said, oh noooooo.

Moral of story...Don't buy this...Not even for your child! And btw, a friend of mine ended up buying that Viper and we don't even like that one too much either...It's not tippy, just too bulky...I now no longer want the Zest and am looking into purchasing a Cobra Escape.