Submitted: 09-23-2008 by J K

I've had my Osprey 155 for two years now. It is my second canoe, the first being a Coleman. I use it exclusively for fishing in it and I love it. Rowing from the center seat allows me to go way out in the Long Island Sound by myself. I almost always took a partner to paddle with before. I never paddle anymore, only row, even when there's two of us. I'll just face the paddler. It just flies when rowed. I can troll all over and now drifting for fluke is more feasible as well. Covering miles is a snap and the wind is less of an issue but of course, on the Sound, one must always be heads up. When trolling, I can get to a rod to take a hit real quick because I can just let go of an oar; it's not going anywhere thanks to the oarlock. It seems to be the right combination of stable and fast. It has taken the four foot wake of some big barges no problem.