Submitted: 09-22-2008 by Jill

This is a great kayak! After MUCH research this is the sit-in I decided to go with and I am not unhappy with my choice 3 years later! It's very stable! Not overly heavy or big, which was important to me. I only take a point off, not for the small opening like many are annoyed with...But because of the snug cockpit...At first I felt like I was going white watering! It's a rec boat! I should have more room and feel more comfy and safe...So my first year with it was spent feeling a tad nervous IF I ever flipped (I'm a bit hippy and wondered if I'd be stuck or not) I have yet to flip as phew this is quite stable so am not as nervous but still wonder, would I slide out? So if that's an issue for you (and mind you, I'm pretty much a normal size girl, just a little more hippy, perhaps) then go with a Perception Prodigy...I used one of those before and I felt 100%, 10 out of 10 comfy and safe in that one...I only did not buy one of those and took the point off Nunu over a Prodigy because Prodigy's are boring looking, shiny, thin, no rigging or hatches...And yes, I am the type to take more points off one being ugly but more safe than one that makes me a tad nervous (now only when a fast boat goes by) and gorgeous, which was more important to me! And that brings me to...This was the only kayak in it's price range to offer all the extras that the Nunu has for no more money...I had looked at one Riot kayak for about the same price as the Nunu with nothing! And it was a price jump to in the 5 hundreds just to get a hatch or two and some rigging on that Riot! Not to mention...Check out the color choices for the Nunu! Just love them! This kayak turns heads! Everyone has the boring Prodigy's and what nots in their boring colors...But these Clearwater's are stunning! And soooo durable! It was also the only one out of the few I had looked into that could be left out in the hot sun and freezing cold with no problems! I just love the material and again, the colors! I almost want to give that 1 point back for the color choices alone!