Submitted: 09-10-2008 by nch

I bought this used from someone who claimed that their child had outgrown it. Even though this kayak is marketed toward kids, it is a great kayak for a wide range of paddler sizes. At 5'4" and 160#, it fits me very well. My husband, at 5'10", 190# fit in it and can paddle it, although I am sure it is not on its intended lines.

What I like about it is its low deck (I do not bang my hands on the sides while paddling with my Greenland paddle), and the ease at which it balance braces and rolls for someone of my size. It is definitely a kayak that a child could grow into and possibly keep into adulthood. It has plenty of stability for a beginner, but for someone wanting to learn more advanced skills, it will fit the bill. It is a nice looking kayak as well. I have no regrets for purchasing this kayak and look forward to paddling it often.