Submitted: 09-10-2008 by Bob

I don't believe any boat is 10 out of 10. I own 6 kayaks at the moment from sea to rec to ww and all have something different to offer.
I don't own this one, but gave it a try after recommending it to a friend who wants to try ww kayaking. The boat is great as a first ww boat, what it was designed for. The skeg is a waste in my opinion, if you can't paddle this boat straight without the skeg it's you not the boat.

I agree with its class III rating, it is very stable and has a lot of buoyancy. I found the boat very easy to roll, the hull design gets beginners to really "feel" a proper hip snap (not always so easy to feel in a play boat). The open nose handles are really cool when surfing because water squirts up through them. Outfitting is pretty basic but gets the job done.

I am 5'6" and 150 lbs and would consider the kids version if I were to buy one, the master was a bit sloppy to sit in for my smaller size. Speed was good but not as fast a full displacement hull (obviously).

Looking for a friendly intro to ww that can take you as far as the average ww kayaker usually goes (the jump from class 3 to 4 is bigger than most people realize) then this is your boat.
BTW: have 2 friends with this boat now and both have not found a skirt that fits securely, let me know if you find one.

Schitt Creek Paddle Wear: