Submitted: 09-09-2008 by rcarpenter02
I bought this kayak after doing a lot of research for a fishing kayak. This met all my needs and then some. It has plenty of storage with an elliptical hatch in the bow, a 6" hatch just in front of seat and another just behind the seat. It also has room for a large cooler in the stern or for a 5 gallon bait pail(recess molded in, also has 2 flush mount rodholders. This is an extremely stable kayak. Has a dihedral hull design that keeps it stable and tracks exceptionally well.

It may be a little on the heavy side, although I checked against others and at 57# it really isn't all that bad for a SOT. I would say that my only complaint would be against the graduated footwells. I would much rather have preferred adjustable braces.

Over all, for the price this was very hard to pass up on. I got it in the $550 range and that was shipping included. It also cam with a paddle, scupper plugs, and a padded seat. That is a great value. If you consider this kayak for purchase, there is also the freedom model that is the same boat... only the price is $50 more. I guess that is for more color options. The angler comes in Sand or Olive Green.

Space Trailers :