Submitted: 09-09-2008 by quadra1

I own the Solstice GTHV in Kelvar. It is a 1997 . I am an athletic intermediate paddler, 6'4", 210. I see numerous criticisms regarding the turning ability of the boat. I would say this reflects on the turning ability of the paddler, likely in any craft, more than it says anything about a touring kayak.

Better than my opinion, would be the opinion of a very experienced guide in the mid Vancouver Island area... that I had on a five day trip (Discovery Islands). He said it was his favorite touring kayak. Period. I had the fastest boat with the least paddling of anyone around, and it swallows lots of gear. I do find the cockpit a little tight getting in and out for my long legs. I just picked up the Titan regular, although it seems huge, I do believe it is a better fit for my frame. What do you need touring?: capacity and comfort, why sweat the tighter fit...I think the Titan will work out better for beach landings..I tightened up the wider seat with hip brace pads and other than having to reach farther forward (6 inches) for items under the deck straps, foot room, and knees braces seem better positioned.