Submitted: 09-06-2008 by Linda Lou~

I started paddling 10 years ago. I knew I wanted a small, fun, whitewater kayak but since I live in Michigan, the small, fun whitewater kayaks weren't so easily available to find for demos so I went to forums to get some opinions. I asked for opinions on the Pyranha Inazone 220 - some told me it was too aggressive for a beginner while others told me I'd quickly grow into it (learning experience) and have a kayak I could paddle for years. Well, I did buy an Inazone... and I've never looked back.

It's rare that I get to let anyone else 'demo' my kayak because it is the smallest version of the Inazone, being a 220, other options are 230 and 240. It was a little big for me but nothing some minicell glued into the sides near the seat couldn't fix. I am 5'3" tall and weigh 108 pounds. I can paddle this kayak for as much as 8 hours a day, without any discomfort. I have taken it to West Virginia on the New River 4X and all I can say is 'this kayak loves whitewater'! The roll is effortless and the control is incredible - it turns on a dime! My only complaint is that on flat water, when picking up speed, the nose tends to want to pearl. Even so, it's been an incredible 10 years, I've learned a lot not only with this kayak, but from it! I'd recommend it to anyone who can squeeze into it!