Submitted: 09-06-2008 by russ

We bought one in 1994. Used it 3 times. The first time it picked up a small thorn in the tire and went flat. Had to pay $10 to get it patched.
The 2nd time it worked, but it was hard to use because it was too low to the ground. It also had a tendency to fold up under the canoe.
The 3rd time it picked up another small thorn in the tire and went flat again. Took it to a car repair shop to be patched. The guy patched it, but he was having trouble getting air into it. The stem kept moving around so he braced it with a piece of metal. Boom, the tire exploded, the wheel shattered, part of it hitting him in the belly and knocking him down; he was unable to breathe. The piece of metal (that he'd used to brace the stem) went flying end over end past my head about 2 inches to the right, I'd say. The manager came running out and resuscitated the poor guy lying on the ground. He was o.k., but he had a big, round, red circle on his pot belly from the wheel.
We haven't used it since. It's been down in the basement. I really can't recommend this product.

Talic: