Submitted: 09-04-2008 by Niagara
I recently bought a 2nd hand 2003 Kevlar Necky Pinta. I have a lot of experience Kayaking though never bought one til now always kayaking on trips away from home. I have Kayaked in sea conditions in England, B.C California, and Maine but now am fortunate enough to live on Lake Ontario in Canada.

I am 5'10", 230lbs with 38 inch waist. I wanted a kayak I could enjoy that recreational paddle wise would track well and keep up with the rest of the crew. I decided away from shorter skeg kayaks in english style like Valley's though pretty are not as comfortable nor initially stable. The Pinta design is a modified greenland style double chine. It tracks well yet is fast and stable in a uniquely balanced nature. Mine being a hand laid kevlar built when Necky was Necky not Johnson Marine they truly built a hand crafted machine. Mine is unique in color dark top hull, sea blue seam and white hull. I can load my 230 plus everything I could want for 4-5 day trip with son, including tent, 15L of water etc. I have also surfed Lake Erie 2-3 foot rollers and though I use the rudder find my Pinta tracks well and does not exhibit weathercock issues. If you don't live on the sea and want a lake kayak for both rec exercise as well as long touring this is definitely the PERFECT Kayak. If you can find one buy it.