Submitted: 09-02-2008 by levi

I recently bought a used 2007 version of this kayak to supplement out overtaxed load capacity of my whole family in our one canoe. What a good investement! Everyone in the family loved using the boat on our recent camping trip on a mountain lake. The learning curve is ZERO.

I initially thought the kayak would be used by my ten year old son while myself, wife and his 6 year old brother were in the canoe. The ten year old did fine, paddling 2 hours + on a river trip. His 6 year old brother could easily handle paddling this boat for 40 minutes at a time. In short, both my sons loved the boat for its FUN component.If you are thinking about this boats suitability for children...you can't go wrong. I have also done some solo river paddling including a 4 mile trip upriver against a slow moving current.

This boat handles fine... fast enough, stable, roomy. The seat is comfortable but after the fourth hour my butt is a little sore. Since I have nothing to compare this to, I don't know if there is a sitting limit in most kayak seats. I like the hatch on the Pungo and it certainly can carry your lunch, extra jacket,and some other stuff and does keep it dry! I think that any first time kayaker ( like all the folks in my family) will find the Pungo 100 more fun than they could have imagined!