Submitted: 08-30-2008 by chelsea2010

This is my third summer using my Cayuga 146 and I still love it. I have done a couple of other reviews prior to this one. This summer I really put it to the test going on a 4 day kayaking trip to an area of Northern Georgian Bay in Ontario with a group. The leaders were constantly amazed at how well the boat handled because it is not shaped like a fast boat and I have no rudder. I was always at the front of the group and one lady in a sleek boat could not keep up. She said that there had to be something special about the Cayuga or her boat was just slow. Part is that I am also a strong paddler, but in all the trips I have taken in wind and calm the Cayuga has performed as well or better than the much more expensive sleek composite boats.

I just got back from a 2 day solo camping trip. I could easily have packed food for 3 or 4 days as there is a lot of space in the hatches as well as behind the seat and in front of my feet. If I had a smaller tent it would free up much more room.

Kayaking has opened a whole new world for me and I give the Cayuga 146 a lot of credit.