Submitted: 08-27-2008 by TJR

Just spent a few hours yesterday on our new Tarpon 100's. Bought one for each of us, wife and I, a few weeks ago but just got out yesterday for a few hours. Have tried kayaking before on many borrowed kayaks including a tandem (don't do that!). Not really knowing what we were looking for, we decided on the features for price in comparing with others, got SO much mixed info when shopping, that we were totally confused.

I think these are great boats for what we do, just casual touring and sightseeing. We plan to carry on our boat with us, so when on the hook we can tour around the creeks and waterways. They are very stable, easy to paddle, keep us relatively dry and handle with ease. Have a couple of compartments and rack on back to carry things along. They are a little heavy for 10 footers, but may account for stability and tracking?

So far I would rate them a solid 10 for what we want.