Submitted: 08-22-2008 by frankspinz
I've had my Osprey kevlar for two years now and have yet to take it on an extended solo trip. But I have paddled many miles with my K9 companion a few pounds of gear. The sliding seat allows me to trim the boat according to load conditions. The aluminum trim completes this low maintenance setup. My Osprey weights about 35 pounds and is a delight to carry around on one shoulder, on my head or to portage in traditional fashion.

It is a marvelous canoe to paddle with no load in calm conditions. When the wind and the waves pick up, I prefer to have it loaded up with a bit of weight, as the wind will carry easily and require much more paddling effort.

Having owned and loved my Kipewa for over 10 years, I knew the Osprey would deliver on Swifts' promise of:
"...exceptional maneuverability yet remarkable tracking, while itís high prismatic coefficient assures fast traveling. The uniquely sculpted, flared hull keeps water out, yet permits proper strokes and easy paddling" (from the catalog).

I recommend this boat to anyone looking for a solid solo tripper...

Thunder Bay Tourism: