Submitted: 06-10-2000 by Lisa

I live in Washington and based on the above reviews (and hours of research) I ordered a millenium. I am so happy with it. I wanted to get a long touring kayak to use in the Puget Sound. I would be launching from a rocky shore and decided that the polylink would be the most durable. Plus the fact that it floats and wouldn't need float bags in it. I did get a rudder and do use it but I had no problem staying on course. I got a killer price through a dealer. I am a beginner so maybe my review is limited, but I am thrilled with this kayak. It was fast and the initial stability was fine. Not to mention I got yellow and it's beautiful. The hatches are easy on/off and seal well. I did want to say that I am short(5'2") and had to shorten the rudder lines by about 1 and 1/2 inches. I did this myself having never done it and it was really easy so don't let that stop you. Also, the hard plastic thigh braces that came with the boat hit me at the knee. I just took them off and plan to put in my own foam braces. This kayak has enough room for a tall person. The seat back is adjustable which is nice. I hope this helps anyone who is thinking of getting one.