Submitted: 08-22-2008 by charlieeng
In Sept.2005 I bought the Tropic from Costco in Honolulu for $479; it included 2 heavy alum plastic paddles that you can feather the paddle blades to a 45 degree angle, 2 low back seats, 2 foam pads for car roof carrying with 2 sets of straps. We bought it and took it to Kailua Beach to try out. Going over to Flat Island and back was a blast!

Very stable and light enough for 2 people to carry the kayak from the parking lot to the boat ramp area to launch. I now use it in Kaupa Pond in Hawaii Kai for my daily exercise of going from my house to KoKo Marina Zippy's. Costco doesn't sell these anymore now, they switched to a different brand (Pelican).

My kayak is a tandem model so when I solo it, I sit in the center but I notice the bow tends to still lift out of the water so it works better with 2 paddlers rather then one. Very sturdy bottom as we tend to hit submerged rocks all the time. I heard the maker of this kayak from South Carolina is no longer in business as their website has gone off the air and you are referred to Dick's Sporting goods.