Submitted: 08-21-2008 by KD

This boat is what it is - A hybrid Rec/whitewater boat. More or less a Rec boat for class 1-2- maybe 3 if you learn to roll it. I have owned my boat since early spring and have paddled it a lot! I have paddled it from lakes to class 3 rapids at the New River WV. You really need to size yourself for the 9 or 10 footer before you buy and decide if you are headed toward more serious boating. I now wish I would have bought the 9 footer because I am too loose in the cockpit for rolling. YES- I do roll my 10 footer at will. It does take a lot of strength though. I can roll my friends 9 footer so much easier.

The skeg is nice for easier running/the so called dry hatch does and will leak, so a dry bag is necessary. The foot pedals are pretty flimsy and cheap but fine for cruising. The Approach skirt Dagger makes is Ok, but the velcro will not get you a tight seal. Three different dealers told my buddy that same skirt fits the 9 and 10 footer- THEY ARE WRONG! It will not stay on tight on the 9 after a few months.

The seat is pretty comfortable/ the backrest does not stay in place and will need to be tugged on periodically. I have seen three of these boats get the oil canning flat spots on the bottom. I ran a class 3 over and over again and felt really stable in this boat.

Really decide where you are wanting to head in boating before your purchase. This is a nice casual class 1-2 cruiser with some surf ability that can be rolled with lots of effort!